GlasWeld Systems (UK) Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all our customers and business clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and rights under the law.
2. Information about us
GlasWeld Systems is a trading name of GlasWeld Systems (UK) Ltd. Registered Address: GlasWeld Systems, Kingston House, Waterside Court Neptune Way, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent, ME2 4NZ, United Kingdom. Registered Company Number: 2331028.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the "GDPR") as 'any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by reference to an identifier'.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in this document.
4. How we Collect your Personal Data
We may collect and process some or all of the following information about you, your employees and your customers. This may arise from you visiting our website, filling in forms on our website, via our social media platforms, corresponding with us by phone, email or other methods.
- Your Personal Details (such as name, postal addresses, email and phone numbers)
- Company Contact Details (such as business name, postal addresses, email and phone numbers)
- Personal business contact details (such as name, job titles, phone and email for specific employees)
- Your Customer contact details (such as name, phone number)
- Site Address locations
- Payment information, Credit rating and bank details
- Via the Company social media platforms
- Website Analysis - we use a site analysis tool to help us understand how customers use our site. (IP address, web browser type and version, operating system and demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests)
- Cookies – see section 5
6. How we Use and Process your Personal Data
We will only collect your personal data, as described in Section 4 of this policy in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing this data is as follows:
- Legitimate Interests – where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of "legitimate interests" as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- To enable you to use our website
- To contact you in relation to your enquiry, either by phone, e-mail or via our website
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- Consent – only to provide the services which you have consented to and via the consented channels
If you do not provide the personal data as detailed in section 4 we may not be able to contact you or carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into.
7. Sharing your Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purpose, except where it is necessary for the performance of a contract, or where we may be legally required to share certain personal data, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
8. Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
10. Keeping your Personal Data secure
Data security is of great importance to GlasWeld Systems and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via the company website. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your personal data is stored on secure servers within the UK.
11. How can I Access my Personal Data?
If you would like to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask for details of this personal data. All requests should be made in writing and sent via email or post to the contact details found within this document. There is not normally a charge for this request, however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request, and we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Where you ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems, unless there is a reason the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
12. Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold.
- Your right to be informed;
- Your rights to access the personal data;
- Your right to rectification;
- Your right to erasure;
- Your right to restrict processing;
- Your rights to data portability;
- Your right to object; and
- Your right not to be subjected to automated decision making including profiling.
For further information about how we use your personal data or to exercise your rights as highlighted above, please contact us using the details in this policy section 13. Further information about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. www.ico.org.uk
13. Got a question about how we use your personal data.
If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: 01634 735 600
Address: The Data Protection Controller, GlasWeld Systems (UK) Ltd, Kingston House, Waterside Court, Neptune Close, Rochester, Kent, ME2 4NZ, United Kingdom.